Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Maybe we WANT the 8 seed.....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Maybe we WANT the 8 seed.....

    A 100-81 win on the road......when the Lakers could clinch the 1 seed.

    With how bad LA has looked, and how well Denver and Dallas are playing, would getting the 8 seed be certain death?

    Matching up with LA, then Utah/Phoenix with a win, the road isnt any harder than @ Dallas then @Denever.

    With LA's slide, does it open the West up, or will LA turn it on and be dominant again?

    I am betting on the former, I think someone else escapes the West this year.
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member 7teen's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2009
    Posts
    458
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Maybe we WANT the 8 seed.....

    Its the NBA. The Lakers are coasting until the playoffs. Nothing really matters right now for them. Once the playoffs start, they'll kick in back in gear... at least I hope they do!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member VolDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 30th, 2007
    Posts
    423
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Maybe we WANT the 8 seed.....

    After the long season is over there will be yet another banner hanging in The Staples Center for the World Champion Los Angeles Lakers.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Maybe we WANT the 8 seed.....

    Nothing against you guys but I just cant see how anyone can follow the NBA. To me that is the longest most boring pro sport there is. They start in what October? It does not end untill almost July and teams are playing 4 games a week! And people think Nascar is boring. lol! Do answer me this. How hard is it to keep up with all the teams? How many games does a team play each season including preseason?

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Maybe we WANT the 8 seed.....

    nobody watches preseason, they play 82 game regular seasons.

    its no harder to follow than any other sport, the games mean more individually than baseball games, and seeding in the NBA is as important as home field during football season.

    comparing and up and down game with the best athletes in the world to driving around in cirlces?? really??
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Maybe we WANT the 8 seed.....

    The West isn't down as it has been the past 2 years, there's 5 teams with 50 WINS! And there will be more, possibly all 8 teams with 50 wins, that's insane. It's tough from top to bottom, no cake walk for the Lakers or anyone like last year. It's really up in the air, the Lakers sure aren't a lock, been saying that all year...it's the Wild West again and I love it.

    And I don't keep up with all the teams, I keep up with the Suns and Cleveland, but check scores like with any sport..usually the ones that have implications for my team. It's 8 preseason games I think(which really the majority are on NBATV and I don't care about), 82 regular season games. The regular season ends in April, it's the playoffs that dragged out for months, but while that does get annoying...I enjoy watching at least playoff game every night for that period of time. I'd consider the argument with NASCAR if I considered it a sport to begin with

    With that many games, you're going to have some boring games no doubt. But there are plenty of great ones, the ones that follow it know which games to tune into, which teams are fun to watch, rivals etc.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Maybe we WANT the 8 seed.....

    Guys I did not mean to compare NBA to Nascar in the sense you are thinking. There is no doubt the NBA players are 10 times the athlete a Nascar driver is said to be. What I am saying is both are long and boring seasons to me. Also Nascar is just a Joke to me now. I guess it is what floats your boat. NBA just does not do it for me. Heck I even tried playing the new NBA game for the 360 and after playing about 10 games I could take no more. Sorry guys but I just had to ask you the question. Did not mean a thing by it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •